Monday, March 17, 2014

Almost 2 years hiatus

It has been almost 2 years. So much had happened since. In March 2013, I decided to return to KL calling it quit on Singapore after my 1 year contract ended. It was a decision based on my situation then of which was what I would put it as lost in my career path and taking on a better role, and I thought it was. Being a manager of 191 staff, with half of what used to earn in Singapore and limitless challenges, it really spurred me on at the beginning until I have to raise the flag on my own manager that I would describe as intellectually incompetent and again feeling it was going to be a intellectually challenging career. 

Such is the irony of life. Then I started receiving calls from head hunters from Singapore on various job opportunities. And the rest as they would call it, "it was all history". Took up an offer Singapore and here I am back to the land of kiasu but with a very perspective and much more appreciation working in a company with lesser pressure, lesser pay than previously in Singapore but much more satisfaction and balance in life.

So, there. A 22 months worth of update in a few paragraphs. Hopefully I can start to be motivated again to pen about my life more often. Especially now that I have bought this bluetooth keyboard to motivate myself to write without having to sit in front of the laptop, of which I am lazy to do nowadays with convenient of an iPad. Actually it's more of an excuse to buy new toy! Haha.

No comments: