Thursday, October 26, 2006

What are Friends for?

Everyone has been saying, "When talk about money, it hurts friendship". I don't find it true, except for just 1 friend. The rest of my friends has never got any problem with me on money. We don't tend to calculate that much with each other.

What happen is, I kinda in a way or another pay some extra money on some certain things for this friend in advance. Even helping him sounds like I owe him that money. "If you don't pay for me, and I don't have money, then how?" That what he said. Alright, as a friend and thinking for his convenience, I paid in advance with his promise to return me in 1 week time.

Hence, he got his opportunity to give his own money a turn and I have got no luquidity to spin when I'm in tough time. It's all ok as long as he return me the money as he promised.

1 week later, asking for the money and he will give me the next day. The next thing I know, he called up and say he will give me a check and ask me to bank it in by myself. For some of you who might have known, my working hours simply does not allow me to have time to go to a bank and the only account I have is with my HSBC bank. Yes, I don't believe in local bank and don't believe in owning a lot of bank account.

Then I got scolded, "What? Why you don't have local bank account want? Takkan you want me to go bank in my own account then withdraw the money and give u in cash?"

Did you see a reverse in role here? Does it seems like I'm the person owing him money?

It's really sad. Even quite a few friends tried their best not to have anything to do with him in monetary term. He's a great friend. But when come to small small stuff, anything at all he can relate them to money and in any term at all charge you if he can. He take him as the only few of my best friends that will come to my aids when I needed friends.

What are friends for?

No comments: