Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Big Bully!

I was reading on some reports regarding Yahoo!'s potential takeover by Microsoft in BusinessWeek. See, this is what I found out.

The deal would eclipse Microsoft's largest acquisition—the August, 2007, purchase of online ad firm aQuantive—by sevenfold. And it would drain the $21.1 billion that Microsoft had in cash as of Dec. 31, since Microsoft plans to pay for half of the deal with cash and the remainder in stock. Microsoft generates more than $1 billion a month in free cash, so its coffers could be restored in short order.
For a company that can grow so rapidly by bullying other smaller company, I think we should try to reduce dependency on Microsoft's product. I know I know... at this era, who can live without using something that is produced by Microsoft. At home it's Ms Windows and at work you can't escape but to use Ms Office. So you will have no choice but install Ms Office on your Mac as well.

Probably other kinda stuff we should reduce... like... hmm... instead of using the Calculator in Windows, use a read calculator. Hehehe...

No comments: