Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Engine down

I was sick since last Tues. It was a viral fever. Got better on Thurs and Fri... then over the weekend another virus attacked me. So, now I have all the basic sickness that anyone could have, cough, sore throat, fever, flu and cold.

Anyhow, am getting better but had went into the office on first half of yesterday and today. But the AC in the office doesn't help at all, every morning I would wake up feeling refreshed to be ruined by the AC when I step into the office.

Anyhow, looking at my presciption, I wonder. Do all the doctor prescribe meds juz to cure any symptoms they see. Example, without knowing what's the underlying root cause of my viral fever, my doc juz gave me paracetamol (anti fever), ponstant (anti ache) and antibiotic (anti everything). Second time I go to her again since my cold is helping me to make chendol in yellow, green and red color (I know, disgusting..). She juz prescribed me with flu meds, fever meds (not paracetamol this time) and some vitamin C.

So, I'm really wondering, for all the money we paid to the doctors (general practitioner, GP) is it worthwhile? Probably I watch too much of House M.D. But I think to tackle things, of coz we have to tackle the root cause.

p/s: Btw, the office block blogspot again. Stupid bunch of IT admin. Boring..... *yawn*

No comments: