Friday, March 04, 2011

What a married/committed man should provide

I was talking on da phone and a friend told me about a status update commenting how men think that providing the necessity is their only responsibility to the women. Then I started to list what should be included in the list based on my experience of what I used to do for my ex-girlfriend. Here's an inexhaustible list except the necessity part.
  1. complete the house chores so she has a clean place and comfortable bed to come home to
  2. wash the clothes so she always have clean and fresh clothes to wear
  3. be there as frequent as I can when she's not at work so that she will have a pair of ears to listen to her day at work
  4. bring her to movies
  5. bring her to romantic dinners
  6. bring her to romantic vacations
  7. cook her breakfasts, lunches, dinners and whatever meal that is possible
  8. boil her "ba zhen" soup after her menstruation
  9. wash her dirty dishes when she's too tired to
  10. give her a shoulder and neck massage when she complains about her frustrating day at work
  11. surprise her with a bouquet of flowers on her birthday
  12. surprise her with a gift that she has been wanting
  13. drive her to work in the morning whenever possible
  14. a goodnight kiss
  15. a morning kiss
  16. a goodbye kiss
  17. take care of her when she's drunk instead of blaming her for getting that drunk, coz she's just having a great time with friends
  18. understand and accept that she has her own friends and need her own space (vice versa as well on this)
  19. be her encyclopedia for everything, if possible
  20. provide an ever ready shoulder to cry on and lean against
  21. provide a warming hugging every night to sleep, even if it means my arm become numb
  22. spend time watching DVDs, reading or cuddling together
  23. never ever bring work emotions home, she's my love one, not my irritating colleague(s)
  24. always be patient with her, be it getting ready to go out or the time she needs to understand what I told her
  25. never ever calculate what I had done for her and what she has not done for me, because a sincere thank you with an appreciative kiss is all that matter

Not sure if I have miss any. I ain't a saint nor am I perfect, but I tried my best to provide what I can. In the end, I have no regret for not doing my best.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks more like every girls' wishlist.

^^

aboo said...

Hmm... maybe I should be on every girl's wishlist?