Tuesday, July 05, 2011

To Lose and To Live

Aren't we all afraid to lose? To lose our wealth, to lose material stuff, to lose a family member or to lose the love of our life?

When I've lost it before, I'm not afraid to lose it again anymore. The feeling of being through hell and back again isn't the most pleasant definitely. But what is there to be afraid to go to hell if I've been through hell already?

When we were younger, we all learnt to stand back on our feet again when we stumbled and tripped by a rock. But somehow as we grow older, we forget that. We get so afraid of doing something out of the way and try to stay in the safest path so that we don't fall or trip. However, we totally forgot that it is the lesson that we learnt from tripping over the same rock that shaped us to be who we are today.

Ever feel why you are doing something you dreaded to do in the morning you commute to work? The feeling of getting stuck to a life that the society perceives as a norm?

Well, I feel that all the time. But I'm determined to deviate myself from such a life as much as I possibly can. There are definitely some that I can't move myself away from, after all I live in a society. But I'm going to live "my" life!

No comments: