I have to admit sometimes, but rarely I am being double standard to my family. What I mean is there are times when I could throw tantrums at my family when they were showing concerns and asked me lots of questions on the issue that I face. But everytime after I did, I regretted it the very moment did it.
I always ask myself why I have to be double standard to the ones I love. If it were my friends who asked, I would have tell them things in a calm manner and when they do not understand I would patiently explain things to them. Even more so if that person were to be my girlfriend.
That's why I rarely throw my tantrums at my family. Because I understand that they are not the cause of my problem and they asked questions because they care and love me. When someone loves me, doesn't mean it gives me the right to throw the weight that I'm supporting on my shoulder onto them. Where else it should be the case where I'm able to share my weight with that person, even if it means he/she can only listen and cannot do anything about it. By just being there to listen to me is already the best gift.
I'm not perfect, so I still do the same mistake once in many many years. But I reminded myself everytime when I'm talking to my family or my love one at times when I had a shitty day, that these are the people whom I go to when the world seems to forsake me.
So think twice before we start shouting or feel annoyed when someone we care about very much asked how's our day at work or life on a bad day. If they are the people that you care enough to share your burden with, it means they are the same people whom you will regret for not appreciating them while they are around. If they are the people who stuck around with you through the darkest hour, don't they deserve more patience than what your friends deserve? It's not just to our family, but it should be to everyone that we love and care for, be it our spouse or partner.
Saturday, October 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment