I first came to know about Terry Fox run in the late 90s. It was the time when I was still studying in highschool. The Singapore tv was advertising for people to join the marathon run for charity to this cancer foundation. I could still remember the ad was showing Terry Fox running using one artifical leg and followed by hundreds of people behind him all for the cause of charity. Alright, I will just stop the crap on the history of Terry Fox. I would not do research and retype everything here, hence to avoid me from plagiarism, please visit these sites and read more about Terry Fox's "Marathon of Hope".
http://www.terryfoxrun.org/english/about%20terry%20fox/default.asp?s=1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Fox
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marathon_of_Hope
I've juz read bout this event that is going to happen in Kuala Lumpur from JeffOoi.com. Ever since I had seen the ad from the Singapore tv, I'm so touched with this act of humanitarian. So, I have decided not to go for the run (because I still have an injured knee, and I don't like to run anyway), but to buy the T-Shirt which cost RM25 for the good cause of charity for cancer patients.
This year's event is sponsored by San Francisco Coffee (kudo!!!). So to get the cool T-Shirt for yourself, you can see the list of San Francisco Coffee's outlet that sell it. So, donate away for the good cause.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
posted a comment on yr jimmy choo post :)
Post a Comment