Finally got my MBA application out last Saturday. Checking on the airway bill, it has arrived this morning in Sheffield. Yup, it's my old University in Sheffield, UK. Nope it's not Sheffield University. It's Sheffield Hallam University.
It might not be the best University to provide MBA, but it's the most affordable and quite reliable to me. This is all because of the experience I had there. I think they are teaching the students or more like to prepare to student to face the real harsh world. Instead most uni like Sheffield U. focus on academic.
Anyhow, thinking back. It was more than 2 months ago when one of the company's SMTs (Senior Management Team) talked to me about my plan of furthering my studies in MBA. I've talked to her bout it when I was attending the training with her in the same class in Hong Kong last year. Little would I know, I have sent my application just lesser than 3 months since that conversation. It's not her that really convince me to go for it. It's just that a lot has been happening lately that change how I look at things. Since I'm working in an environment that see changes every 1 or 2 weeks, my mind has to adapt to it shouldn't I.
I think it the combination of the changes of my work environment, opportunities, timing and all other personal stuff that has been happening that prompt me to think of this option. Anyhow, now I'm so much more determined in getting myself a MBA. There's possibility that my application would be rejected, but even so I'm prepared to try it again for the next intake which will be on Jan 08. Touchwood, even this time fail, I can actually get myself a few more months to prepare for GMAT.
Anyhow, will have to see what's installed for me. Just pray hard.
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment