Today is Su Chin's last day in the office. It's really sad. Even her last day in the office, she will have to do overtime. Has been seeing a lot of people leaving, but the most saddening is still Su Chin's departure.
We had been working together for almost 2 years now. She has been like a big sister to me. Offering career advise, discussion our personal relationship of our own families, gossiping, having lunch together and trying hard to forecast our boss' weather everyday.
Now, she's leaving for a better future. But no matter what, she will be missed by everyone. Yesterday, when all the Senior Managers drop by our place, everyone was so thrilled to meet her, some for the first time. Then I thought to myself and agree, people like her who has made a different in the work she has done, there's no doubt she will be missed when she leaves the company. However, people like me... that's a different kind of story. No relation with any of the big shots in the company. No one can even remember me by name. So, when the day I decided to leave the office, the only person that will notice is the colleague who's sitting beside me whom I disturb everyday.
Anyway, I don't know what I'm writing, but it's just sad to see this day has finally arrive. Su Chin, good luck in your new environment in Shanghai. I'm sure with your capability and good relationship management skills, you will be high in the corporate environment one day. Please remember the iPod 30Gb that you had promised. :P
Take care my big sister... :~~( Hope that our path will cross again some day and we shall be working together with the synergy that we have had when we were working together. All the best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Alvin, the sad thing about human being is that you will only be missed when you are actually leaving. You are well recognized by the Senior Managers too! Thanks to Halina's promotion, we have all made a difference. I couldn't have done it on my own, you were my back stop, even now you still are my back stop!
I hated the idea of leaving our team, cause we were damn good. I look forward to the day when we sit next to each other and work together again. I'll miss you bro! Who am I going to Nag now?
Post a Comment