Wednesday, April 02, 2008

5 Reasons That Deter Me From Going To Work

After almost a week of vacation, I have to go back to work again tomorrow. Have any of you ever feel that going to work is just for the sake of earning your 3 meals to survive and it's a torture to do so? I do. But there was a time when going to work is something I look forward to everyday, even on weekends.

So, what's deterring my urge of going to work?
  1. No colleagues that you can call friends at work, coz
    a.) my friend became an authoritarian
    b.) other colleagues are just waiting to devour me if I ever take a wrong step
    c.) other colleagues can't wait to suck my blood knowledge and stab me from my back
    d.) all colleagues have their own agenda to climb higher than I am (though I'm the same level as them, but with longer and more experience), just because my boss told them I am smart (not that I think I am)
    e.) one moment they can say how smart and clever I am to my face, but the next moment they will go tell another colleague that they don't understand why the boss think I'm smart
  2. Fun environment became dramatic environment - people judge you from the way you walk, talk, laugh and wear rather than your work performance.
  3. A team became a 2 person's department - every decision used to be a team effort, now it became 2 person's decision and by the time the department knows about it, it means the decision has been made with the highest "professionalism" of how the 2 person THINK the department should be ran
  4. Talking (or so called chit-chatting) with colleagues from other department while sitting in front of the pc and working away = I'm too free and got nothing to do
  5. Leave work on time is a sin

So, I guess this is what people call for centuries, "politic". But as our career life progresses, this kinda scenario/situation increases. I must admit politic exist in almost everywhere we go or everyone we relates to, that's why I am tolerant enough to just sit and wait for the next dagger to fly towards my way from my back. Anyhow, life still goes on. I can sit down and cry about it, but I choose to write it in my blog to rant about it and "try" to forget it and also cover my arse along the way at work. Less say = Less trouble.

Do you have any more absurb reasons than mine that makes you feel that going to work is a torture? Probably you share the my sentiments at your place of work. Share it with me will ya? At least I know that I'm not the worst. Otherwise, I will think I'm the worst. Buahahaha.

Disclaimer: No names were mentioned in this blog entry. It is up to the reader(s) to interpret the colleagues and friend that were mentioned but no responsibility will be bore by the writer for any misinterpretation. It is also the responsibility of the reader and the reader himself/herself to think that they are the colleagues and friends that were mentioned in the blog entry.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I totally can feel how you're feeling... The feeling of dragging your leg to work after a week long holiday... That's what I'm going through also...

I think I need another holiday to get over my holiday. Totally need it so much.

aboo said...

That means the vacation cycle will never end for you.

Anyway, the vacation is only a temporary fix for my problem. The root cause is still the environment.