Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Please forgive me

Please forgive me for not being able to talk to you while you are angry and have to resort to writing because I am always not able to finish making a statement without provoking you into a fit of rage.

Please forgive me for not being a romantic because I repeatedly inform you of the soup I boiled ready for you to drink after a long day's work via Whatsapp and not a post-it note at home.

Please forgive me for being quiet sometimes when we were together because with the stress of being the sole bread winner of my family, striving at work planning to provide you with a better life, apart from the on-going house chores, I just want to be by your side and quietly enjoy you telling me about your day instead of saying something wrong to upset you.

Please forgive me for being quiet sometimes when you lecture me because if neither of us give in on an argument, there will only be losers, no winner.

Please forgive me for being a nag on you on the house chores because sometimes I feel the same as you do, stress and fatigue at work plus other family issues, just wanting to laze around not doing the chores. Someone still has to do it at the end of the day.

Please forgive me for frustrating you with questions about your job sometimes because you work in an industry that I have no experience in, and I am trying to understand what are the stresses that you faced, of which are different from the stresses that I also face in my line of work.

Please forgive me for provoking you into anger because I asked questions that are so obvious to you, but not to me.

Please forgive me for making you mad by constantly challenging you very carefully on statements or facts that you make because you once told me that it is better that I correct you than you become a laughing stock in front of your friends.

Please forgive me for not sticking up for you but instead advising your friend with objectivity to approach you directly if she thinks that you are too close with other man and telling her that to love you means I have to trust you.

Please forgive me for not being able to understand how you say that you cannot trust me anymore because of that message conversation with your friend, but in real fact you stumbled upon my message conversation with your friend that is way down the message list, more than a year ago and require an extra click to view.

Please forgive me, for making your life a misery. But I still love you for who you are, hence I have never wanted you to go through the pain of being at the receiving end of my anger.

No comments: