Monday, July 25, 2005

Hey!!! It's my first time after a long long time

Wow!!! I haven't been writing a blog for a long long time. I have decided to spend some of my time in the office to write some of my thoughts and to relax my mind whenever I feel like I needed a unfreeze my brain.

Before this current position, I was not able to access to the internet hence never got the chance to have a suitable time updating my stuff in the net. Now, I'm kind of free to do so. Free doesn't mean I will have the time to do so, but I will have the facilities to do so.

I have seen some of my friends blog in the Friendster. This makes me feel it's kind of nice to let my friends know what I've been up to lately, as and when I am allowed to do so.

My Current Position at Work
Job Title: Jr. Analyst - Customer Experience
Job Description: It's too long to list all of it, so this is part of it
To improve my company's Customer's Experience through the quantitative and qualitative approach.
Company's Name: HSBC Electronic Data Processing (M) Sdn. Bhd.

I have been working in this company for almost 19 months now. I have just move to this new department more than a month ago. I love my current role now. Kind of have more freedom and learn tonnes of skills and experience from my American boss.

Although I have only worked in this department for less than 2 months, it kind of makes me feel that I have been in this position for years. Why? I think the main reason is because for the first 2 weeks of my time in this department, I spend at least 14 hours a day in the office and 6 days a week to come up and to write up a project proposal.

That was the busiest time yet. However, it's kind of fine now (at least for this moment). My boss is a flexible person. Sometimes I would only come in to work at 10.30am or 11.00am (my working hour is 10am-7pm), obviously I'm LATE!!! she will not say much, but of course I do work 8 hours and not head for home at 7pm.

I'm early today though. But my boss has not come in yet, of which would buy me some time to write in this blog. Today is a fairly fine day. Cloudy day!

But the first mail I received this morning, grrr... those people in Guangzhou just don't take the time to read. Told them not to merge the cells in Ms Excel, but they still did. This means extra work for me again. This is a typical scenario you face when you have a project that involve 10 people from 10 different places and your meeting is always rely on the confra call.

Still, I know my day will go well...

No comments: