Sunday, December 25, 2005

Not so festive afterall

In the office alone right now. Damn!!! I'm actually alone in the whole floor. I can hear the mosquitoes flying around, ants talking, bees buzzing, air-condition chiming and worst of all, the slow moving time from my watch ticking. This is how lonesome my office environment is right now.

Hermm... Used to worked in a team which have to work even during Malaysian public holidays, but never felt this kind of loneliness. Guess X'mas and New Year's Day is still the most celebrated holidays. Why I say so, in a "globalised" company like mine which work according to holidays of countries such as Singapore, UK, USA, Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand, etc. everybody don't come to work on the same day. From the normal busy block of building with 2500+ employees, occupied at an average of 1000 (estimated only) employees at any time of the day become an abandoned building filled with less than 100 human beings + 1 Centre Manager + thousands of flies and mosquitoes flying around. Zzzz....

Worst of all, when you come to work expecting your counterparts or business partners from other part of the world to be there for you to contact, "NO ONE IS THERE". All the e-mails I sent out got no reply and it seems like it somehow lost in the cyberspace. At the end of the day, nothing seems to be accomplished. What's the point of coming to work? Like my boss always like to say "Anticipate". I'm getting rotted anticipating now. Hahaha... If I were to die here right now, my colleagues will only discover me tomorrow morning, of which she might thought that I came early to work and doze off on my desk, which will take her another few hours to discover I'm dead. Juz a thought... Choy choy choy....

La la la la la........ la la la la....... la la la......... la la........ la........ ZZzzzz.....

No comments: