You may call this a bliss. Or you may call it cool!!! I could still remember the first few job interviews that I went for my for after college. I would often ask the interviewers, "What's the dress code here?". It came to a point when one of the interviewer answer me by saying, "You are a graduate, a professional and hence it is essential for you to respect yourself by dressing professionally". I was stunned. I have got the idea to dress casually as a programmer when I heard from friends of some software house that allow their employees to dress in jeans and polo-t in the effort to allow them to work comfortably and creatively. At that point of time, the idea was really cool.
When I got into my current company (still my first job), the employees here are required to wear formally as well. Since it was hard to adapt to a suddenly changes of wearing formal, me and my guy colleagues would always wear long-sleeves shirts and fold the sleeves till elbow length with a neck-tie. To us, it was kind of cooling and would not look so nerdy.
As we grew, we have began to understand that if we do not fold our sleeves and let it be, our dressing would makes us look real professional. Even when you walk, you can feel the "angin". Starting from today, all the employees here are not required to dress formally anymore. It's really awkward to wear T-shirt to work everyday. People might just think I'm still a college student (which always happen when I wear T-shirt & jeans). I DON'T HAVE A CHANCE TO LOOK MATURED AND PROFESSIONAL ANYMORE!!!! Hahahaha...
Sounds pathetic, when others would say STUPID!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment