Today marks my 2nd Anniversary working in this company. Overlooking across the street is where me and a group of 19 other people sat in for our first day of induction exactly 2 years ago. It seems like yesterday. Everyone was stranger to each other. But we broke the barrier with hours with the help of a funny and lovely induction trainer, Rena. Could still remember she would always tell us that she drives McLaren, which is actually a silver color Kelisa.
After 3 weeks of induction, we move from that building to this current building which can accommodate 2500 employees at one time. But at that time, there were only 500+ employees altogether. Our induction group was separated into 2 teams but still in 1 same department. We stayed close tie with each other eventhough we were in different team. But that change soon after. When we have to meet our goals and target, people change. Although we did not become foe, the tie and friendship was not as before. Everyone is being precautious others outside their team. Guess that's the environment Rena has been reminding us during our honeymoon time in induction classes.
The team I fell into after induction is the team with 14 people. It was a "Dream Team", at least for me. As a team we won 5 out of 6 times monthly Best Team Award in the Rewards & Recognition Programme for the year of 2004. The team also achieved zero medical-leave for 10 months in the year of 2004 and continued the streak from Jan 2005 - Sept 2005 (I had left the team on July 2005). The team also continues to win the Best Team Award from Jan 2005 - Sept 2005. This is a team I'm so proud of. With the greatest team leader (Jeet) I have ever met (although that is my first job, I knew she was different), 3 person from the team got promoted in 2005, inclusive of me. As of now, only 4 out of all of us are still left in this once self-declared "Dream Team". It is a pity to see the once my "family" at work has separated. Guess just like the Chinese old sayings, "tien xia wu bu san zi yen xi", meaning that "no banquet is never-ending".
Erm... What has I done in these 2 years? I have worked hard to gain recognition while I was in a team environment. Gained respect from my own team members to be an acting-team leader after Jeet got promoted and moved on to other department. And on my 18th month of my service in this company, I got promoted to where I am today. I still miss the large team environment from time to time. Nonetheless, the smaller team I'm in now is quite impressive also, sometimes it's about crowd and liveliness.
Now as I'm almost halfway through my 5-years goal to achieve the next level in career, I am begining to wonder if I would be able to meet it by end of 2007. Sometimes I felt that with my ability, I would be able to meet it before 2007 hit me. But part of my pessimistic self tell me that it's only possible to achieve by end of 2007. And the ambitious self of mine tell me that I shall and want to meet it before 2007.
To all my Induction Class 29 colleagues:
May all of us remember the days we spent together in induction. Let's forget any fued or dissatisfaction we have for any one of us. Always remember the time used to spend as a team and as a family. Let me wish all of you Good Luck in your future career undertakings. Remember our friendships...
Still remember part of the song that we all sang when we "Go Live"
Oh MSC, Customer Service
and New Business, is what we'll be...
Thank you for being great colleagues, friends and family. Happy 2nd Anniversary!
List of Induction 29 all twenty-two attendees
1. Jack
2. Thevani
3. Wei Boon
4. Shirley
5. Jme
6. Faizal
7. Mean Yee
8. Lina
9. Selve
10. Renne
21. Aida
11. Aruna
12. Anis
13. Faiz
14. Sallehuddin
15. Sallahuddin (left for IT dept)
16. Tang
17. Nasyra
18. Lin
19. Qistina
20. Alvin (me)
22. Nurul
No comments:
Post a Comment