C'mon, what kind of friend has your phone number for more than 6 years and only call you now to ask if you have to the time to come out for a drink? The most funny part is, he got engaged less than 6 months ago, none of us (his friends) was invited or at least informed. See? Now you know why there's such strong fish smell behind all these sudden "Let's come out for a drink" offer.
Anyway, since he's a friend for so many years it's really hard to turn him down after so many time of doing it.
Firstly, when do I normally get salesmen knocking at your door?
- Friends who call me out of the blues and ask if I want to go for a drink.
- Telemarketers who got my phone number from my friends who is not interested in joining their gym.
- Salesmen who got my phone number from their friend, who is my friend.
Do you see a trend in this? I think I do.
What are the salesmen usual foreplay?
- "Where are you working?"
- "What are you working as right now?"
- "How much do you earn?"
- "How much do you give your family and spent on expenses?"
- "Since you have a little to save, have you ever thought of investing or assurance of your future comfort?"
- "How about the thought of early retirement? You like that?"
- "Because you are my very close friend, I'm going to show you how to earn a lot of money in a very short time."
- "If there's easy wealth, then we shall earn it together."
Then how do I normally turn down salesmen?
- "Errmm... I sounds like a good plan, but I'm not interested."
- "I'm sorry, I have friends who work in the same company as yours, if I would want your product, I will give my friends priority."
- "Oh yah, it's great, but I have no money."
Now, do you know how to sing the song called "That's What Friends Are For" by Stevie Wonder?
No comments:
Post a Comment