Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Thinking of marriage at the age of 25

Call me insensitive, selfish, stupid, no sense of security, naive, unfit to be a boyfriend/soulmate and careless.

But is it a must for a man to think of their marriage or family planning at least by the age of 25? I know this is something you can't avoid and have to think of sooner or later. But how soon is soon and how late is late?

It's not that I have never thought of it, it's just that I can't conclude on it. I can't tell someone that I love that I'm going to marry her at age of 28 but by the age of 27 I'm still earning the itsy-bitsy I'm earning right now of which can't even afford a car, not to say an apartment in a city with expensive rental, food, petrol, transportation, leisure and all kinds of other living costs? I'm not like the locals that have a family here that all they have to do is to give their parents some 10% of their salary for their accommodation, food, clothes, furniture, electrical appliances and bills that they used at home.

I too, am a human being. I too, long to have a special person by myside someday with some kids around to witness and share my life as I grow old. But should it be, or must it be now that man at the age like me start thinking of when they want to settle down, which year the first child should be borned and then the second and the third and the subsequent? How much he need to earn every month for the installment of the house and car, food for home, bonds or investments for the children's future education and blah blah blah blah blah....

Come on, if there are guys who's reading my blog... let me know, how do you plan this? Have you plan this? What's your age when you planned this?

Updates:
Thoughts and Comments #1:
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/ReneeYap&article_id=3669851

No comments: