Monday, April 25, 2011
Complacency is where it start?
Take a view at this meaningful video. Thanks SL for sharing. Just want to share my thoughts on the different perspective that can be derived from the short story.
While it is easier to look at this in a negative way of how all/most relationships would end up to be and blame oneself and uses this as an excuse for falling into the vicious cycle of complacency, I would rather look at it from the positive perspective and a wake up call on how to make the right decision at stage 4 (work on the comfort and grow with it together or allow it to create distance). Why let a relationship gets into a complacent state if you know complacency is going to destroy it?
If it is a conscious understanding that oneself will take things for granted and become complacent, why can't he/she make the right decision by saying,
"Ok, this is a greatest man/woman in my life. Everyday I'm going to wake up and thank God that I have him/her in my life. When life gets tough, we talk it through and I must always remember the things that made him/her the greatest person in my life and why I love this person so much to begin with. I must remember that a relationship is not a contest. There's no prize for winning an argument or coming out on top. When it comes to my love one, my ego can go into the closet. Everything he/she does for me is not compulsory, he/she can choose not to do it, but still did it only because he/she loves me. I am thankful for them even just by being there because that takes effort too".
Human naturally clings on to what they "want" to believe because it's easier to remain the same and blame everything else that's going on; on the environment, change of lifestyle or a growth in personality. Paradigm shift is not easy, but it's inevitable. One can choose to blame his/her own life and personality for what had happened. Or he/she can choose to learn from his/her mistakes and become a better person.
People can be categorised as such;
- don't know what happened
- watch as things happen, or
- make things happen
It's your choice of life... You have to decide!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment