Monday, June 04, 2007

Me and Books

Never would I have imagine I would be one day intoxicated enough to pick up or even like reading. Anyway, actually I just wanted to say, I spent almost RM200 within a week to buy the following books. I'm not a good critic on books. I just buy what I think I would like to read. So, here you go.

Heard of Blue Ocean Strategy almost a year ago. Has been wanting to buy it but it cost quite a lot, until recently during the Bookfest@Malaysia that I saw the book is selling at RM79.90 as compared to the retail price of RM118.90. Being the Malaysian who is influenced by the Singaporean kiasu-ism culture, of course I gasak ler.


Since I've exercised my kiasu-ism during the Bookfest, I thought to myself, I might as well exercise it to the max. So when I saw Winning, by Jack and Suzy Welch my hands were itchy and right away I took the book and throw it into the basket without 2nd thought.
Ok, for The Perfect Store, by Adam Cohen, I didn't buy it for using the kiasu-ism excuse. I've actually been wanting to buy this book since 2003. It was recommended by a lecturer of mine who recommended me some nice books. So I've been looking for this book since, until the day Borders open up in Malaysia that I saw it's available, then it took a year until the book which was suppose to be "in store" (as stated in the computer database) to appear "on the shelf". Then it came time when it was end-of-month-window-shopping which is obvious, empty pocket when I saw the book on the shelf. Then when I've got the money, the book which is still "in store" disappeared from the shelf again. Until I found it again last Sat in Borders over at The Curve. This time, though I have a half-empty pocket, I still decided to get it with the plastic card.

No comments: