Monday, June 11, 2007

School Holiday Season Dilemma

Schooling years (past)
School holidays is what I was always looking forward to. That meant vacation. Either at the Haadyai or some island off the west coast. It's always has been the time I was waiting for during those 11 years.

College years (past)
Doesn't make much different. Semester break is different from the national school holiday.

Working years (current)
School holidays means smooth traffic to and from work. I can wake up 1 hour later than I normally have to, for work. Still, Friday evening after work mean horrendous traffic. Weekends are the worst of all. Even going out for lunch can keep you in the traffic for an hour. Queueing up for movie 2 hour before the show still guarantee you won't get the tickets. Reading alone at Starbucks means prepare to be asked by people to share your table. What the heck!!!

Parenthood years (future)
Months before school holiday means booking and planning for vacation during the children's school holidays. Then comes the time to think of how much to spend for a vacation and where to go for the whole family. Then it's weekend movies and picnic. Zoo visits. Malacca visits. Shopping and blah blah blah blah blah.....

Senior age years (future)
All the children leaves home for studies, work and their own family life. School holiday means stay at home and watch tv.


And the cycle goes on and on with the children, then the children's children...

No comments: