Sunday, December 17, 2006

Why no update?

Reason 1: DO NOT Surf too much in the office
I've got a warning for surfing the internet too much in the office. Hence, to avoid being warned again, do not wanna update any blog during the office hour. Most of the time, when I had something that I wanna blog about, I forgot bout it when I reached home. Yah, I've got really bad ability to remember things.

Reason 2: Busy with work
Part of the reason why I used to surf so much at work was because I was too free. It's not that I'm trying to run away from work, it's just that most of the people that's involved in my project is either not free or just didn't show up for the appointment made. Imagine a VP couldn't even bother to give me a call or mail me to say "she's going for lunch" and have to cancel my appointment. So, most of that time was spent chasing for people.
But all the chasing pays off once I finally got the VP. My project can finally proceed and I am back to focus on my project again.
Unbelievably, it start all over again when I have to take up the task of a PA to arrange the travel plan of a visitor from Hong Kong (my Six Sigma trainer). I have to plan and schedule his itinerary for the visit and worst of all, I have to chase him meeting after meeting because he didn't wear a watch and always overshot his meeting and late for the next. Why I have to do this? Because my boss think that this is priority. Because I would rather believe in myself of doing the scheduling part than trusting my boss' PA. Errmmm... that's what happen when you are afraid to delegate in work... you become the multi-tasker and lose focus on what you really need to do.

Alright, that's basically why I didn't blog for a while now. There's so much to write about but I just couldn't think of everything all at once.

No comments: