Thursday, June 08, 2006

1 week into Kolkata

Curry Finally
After a week stay in Kolkata, I finally have my first taste of the all famous “Curry” yesterday. It’s wonderful. The restaurant has such good ambience. The colleagues over here were so helpful and hospitable to bring me around for food even when they does not have a car. Hahaha… Thanks Shreel and Aushdeep (though they know nothing about this blog).


A day with all computers goes wrong
Yesterday I try to logged in my internet banking in Malaysia through the internet here in Kolkata. I was shocked when I was showed with a invalid password error message. I was panicked and tried another few more times, knowing that I remember my password absolutely 100%. But to no avail. Hence, I have little choice but to call back the bank in Malaysia to get my account reactivated. But when I called, I’m required to have my internet banking pin. (Oh my God!!! How many password and pin do I have to remember???) Too bad I forgot my Internet Banking pin and my account is not allowed to be reactivated until I visit my local branch, that is in KL, a few thousand miles from here.

Then it is my Lotus Notes email that I use in the office. It just went dead a few hours before I leave the office. Without that email, I’m basically disconnected from all communications. After the IT staff dropped by and did some reinstallation, they conclude that it is something beyond their reach and have to report it back to the people in Hong Kong and will only have answer for me the next day. Once again, there’s nothing I can do.


Miracle
Today when I came into the office, I saw the IT guy in the lift, that helped me on my Lotus Notes. He explained that the e-mail was down because of a major service downtime in Hong Kong and it is fine already this morning.

For my Internet Banking problem, I thought I might as well give it another try since I will have to fly back a few thousand miles back before I can sort it out. Miraculously, I logged in. Phew!!! Now, at least I still have the banking ability even when I’m in India.

1 comment:

Hele said...

Oi... not yet 'lau sai' in India? My colleague went to Pakistan and kena for a whole week! Hahah... anyway, take care... and buy a nice sari back for me since it's so cheap :D