This is my third day here in Calcutta. Just have my access to my company email. But still, internet access is very limited. I can't really open up a webpage showing my blog when hundreds of people sitting behind me can see what I type (especially with 21 inch LCD monitor). Hence I have to write this blog through email then paste it into blogspot with real fast screen switching, like illusion.
The flights to Calcutta is a painstaking one. Got off from KLIA to Bangkok was still "ok". But the one from Bangkok to Calcutta is horrendous. First it was the boarding part. Flight was delay, hence everyone that queue up at the gate are advised to have a seat first. Since it's kind of hard to find a seat, I decided to stand on the queue and read my book while doing that. Initially back at about 20th people on the queue, I became at the 2nd spot. I stood and read my book for almost 30 mins and the gate was opened. Little would I know, some of the Indian people's manners are still same as if it's still the year human live on top of the tree. More than 2 of the guys who went looking for seats after the delay announcement, jump back into the queue and actually have the f**king face to tell me that they stood at the front of the queue initially.
That's part one of the bizarre experience. Now part two.
After the horrendous queuing up experience at the gate, I finally got on board the plane and had a sit by the window (I don't know why, but I kept having a sit by the window and it always on top of the wing span). Then there comes a gentleman who wanted to exchange sit with me since his friend is sitting on the only sit beside me. Of course I wouldn't mind since I'm traveling alone and would understand how nice it would be to have someone to chat with on the flight. Hence, I agreed and exchange seat with the guy, who told that is seat is by the aisle (that's wonderful, I have been hoping for a seat by the aisle). But then, when the airstewardess was showing me the seat, it's actually a sandwich seat with 1 seat away from the aisle. I thought to myself then, it's fine since I'm traveling alone and it only takes less than 3 hours.
Little did I know, I was sandwiched in between my worst nightmare. On my left, a centre-bold guy fell asleep snoring so loudly. On my right, a wildly-bearded rugged fella sleep in a position with his left-hand holding up on the back of his head (like women would position when they check themselves for breast cancer) and use his right hand to scratch his armpit. At that moment, I think to myself, what could be worst than hell than this.
Anywhere, that's the pain part. The good part of all is the hotel. I brought the camera, but forgot my cable, so cant's upload the pictures. Anyway, got in the office at 10am this morning with merely 4 hours of sleep. The people here are nice (not like the one in the airport boarding gate, more educated). Some facilities here are extremely better than my office in Malaysia. But still, other than that, not everything is as good as it seems.
Alright for now. Will continue if I have the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment