Friday, June 23, 2006

The Fast and The Furious - Tokyo Drift

My Rating: 7/10

I have seen a lot of drifting anime in Initial-D, but never had I imagined that someone is able to film the drifting of these cars so realistically. If compared with any previous car racing movies, I would say Tokyo Drift is the best I have seen thus far.

Contradicting with the previous sequel of "
The Fast and The Furious", Tokyo Drift has some great story line that I must admit I was wrong to think that it's just another car-racing but no story line movie. The scenes also brings out the face of Tokyo that I would not have imagined or heard. The chicks in the movie? Fabulous!!!


In other note, I only realised that one of the "ke le feh" in the movie who plays an elderly man enjoying fishing with his friend while passing some comment on the lad who is learning to drift, is actually the real life "DK" (Drift King). Hence I did a look up in wikipedia and found his real name, "Keiichi Tsuchiya". I didn't even know that Initial-D is depicting part of his life in as a underground drift car racer. Interesting to know, since I love watching Initial-D so much.

No comments: