My bed in the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Kolkata. The blue little sofa by the bed had made me a couch potato for 2 weeks. With Discovery Channel, Nat Geo and History Channel, I basically spent my dinner and supper in this room. With the companion of an ashtray and a cup of coffee, there goes my nightly activity.
My small little home office. Fully equipped with wired-broadband and speaker phone.

Bathtub of which I spend a lot of time dipping in while watching the tv and reading my book.
Allright... alright... I know it's all about my room. Here's something else.

Look closely at the poverty of this country. By the sides of this, stood the building of my company and others. This makes one wonder, what enables a country to grow so fast but the gap between the rich and the poor is still so huge.
As some of my colleague who was there would say, these scenes stir up their sense of fortunate to be living in Malaysia, which is quite true. But to me, these people might not have to be homeless if their goverment would be able to plan better for them as well, looking at the economic growth in India.
I truely believe Malaysia was once the same as well, but it is what it is today partly due to some of the visionaries and leaders of our country that were almost forgotten.
No comments:
Post a Comment