I have come across so many things that are unique to Kolkata during my stay here. One of the things that I discovered was that for every 500m of road, there will be a roundabout. This means all housing areas are planned as if it is a tic-tac-toe with every crossing of two straight roads is a roundabout. The housing areas in this century old city is so well structured, and yes I do feel ashamed of Malaysia’s township planning which is so unorganized and you call that first world infrastructure.
Still, Malaysia have some of the state-of-the-art (although vandalized) transportation systems that India is lacked of. At least cab in Malaysia is air-conditioned.
Another culture that is unique to this country is, the practice of honking while driving. Honking as you drive is just like juggling while uni-cycling. If you don’t honk while you drive, it’s just like you don’t hold your steering wheel while you drive. Yes, that is how serious it is. For my 15 mins trip from hotel to the office, the driver will at least honk 20 times during the drive. I just can’t stand laughing in my heart at it. Hahaha…
There you go, uniquely Kolkata…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment