Monday, June 05, 2006

Shopping at Kolkata

Did some shopping around Kolkata during the weekend. It does not really have as much cheap stuff as it is described before I come here. It just have special or unique stuff that only India can find.

No matter what, there still some really cheap stuff in India. Up till now, I found the cheapest of all is Sony Memory Stick. For a 512mb short memory stick, it cost less than RM100. Hence, I bought 1 for my sweetie’s Sony Ericsson mobile phone.

Other than that, I have bought some really nice shawls for RM20 each for my sweetie and my colleagues as well. I think this are the only things that I found cheap in Kolkata.

Although I was being informed just before I came, that the leather stuff here are cheap. Still I found them not cheap as these are none branded stuff and still cost between RM30-RM60 for a small handbag. Anyway, I’m just being realistic here. The one leather stuff that’s cheap, is the made-to-order leather jacket that cost around RM150. Too bad I’m not a leather fanatic guy.

Although India is a country with a lot of poor people and cheap labour, still the living cost is the same as in Malaysia. 1 room apartment cost as much as RM700 and more.

Taxi price, damn it is just as expensive as it is in KL. Petrol cost RM5+. More expensive than RM1.90 which is in Malaysia. So, stop complaining.

No comments: