Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Jimmy Choo

Heard of this name before? This is the first time I heard of it. Yup yup... I'm a little bit jakun. I was reading this article "Malaysia wants the Jimmy Choos to come home" on The Star and was wondering who is this Dato's Jimmy Choo.

I did a google on Jimmy Choo. Then there's this more than 2 million search results on this Malaysian's name. Hence, I started my background searching journey again. Wow!!! I'm actually so kolot. This man is famous!!!

He's a shoe and handbag designer based in London. The late Princess Diana loved his shoes most. Then I saw some of his products are sold in Saks Fifth Avenue and featured in one of the "Sex and The City" episode. Of my God!!!

This guy was born in Penang. He pursued his studies in London for shoe designing and today has made Malaysian proud. His shoes are so famous that I can't even seen them sold in Malaysia, only the fashion highstreet of London, New York and Milan.

He's like an example of the path I'm looking forward to. To work in London one day. His fame has brought him a Datukship, Professor title and an OBE honour from the Queen of England. Read here.

Girls, go browse here. It's his own online store. I saw something on the web saying that his shoes cost something between USD400 to USD1200. Bwahahahaha... Unbelievable. This is the normal price you always hear when you watch a lot of "Sex and The City". He's shoes is cool. Damn, I'm a man, but I really like his design.

I will attach his pix here. Please pardon the editing, am in the office so good pix editing tools to use.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yepp, we all love Jimmy Choo alright. I cried with joy the day I read that Jimmy Choo will be opening a boutique here in KL. No kidding. Ive bought both my pair of Choos in Bangkok, the nearest one to Msia. In July, Choo opened a new boutique in Takashimaya, Spore. Need any more info on him? :D Id be glad to be of assistance.