Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Charity Car Wash...

My company is organising a Charity Car Wash Drive for PAWS Animal Welfare Society this Saturday (3 August 2005). If anyone of you is seeing my blog, you can show your support by driving your car there from 10am - 6pm. The best thing about this drive is that the top people in my company will be washing anybody's car. These big shots include my company's Centre Manager, Heads of departments, VPs and AVPs. KUB's (the company that own A&W) CEO will also be there to wash some cars. It's going to be a fun day for family and friends because there will be some games, free root beers, etc, etc...

Ok now, back to my life. I'm moving house soon. I'm moving in together with my buddy, the ever-crazy one, Choo (aka Pikachu, ChooChoo, AhChoo). When we was spending our Merdeka Day countdown at our future neighbour, Adrian's house for a drink, we have already lost our way in our thoughts of how to decorate our house. What to buy? Where to place our sofa and carpet? How many should we invite for our house-warming party? And the list just goes on... Something to look forward to after a day of work.

Title: Do What You Are
Author: Paul D. Tieger & Barbara Barron-Tieger

This is one of the book I read about lately. It was bought by my boss for our entire team to ensure that everyone in her department would read it through. What is it all about? It is about identifying your true self (since you were born, not someone you created on your way to Stardom) and choose the best working environment and job that suit your personality type. It's really interesting as your personality is being described in a 4-letter code (e.g ENTP, ISFP) and when people were told of your code, they will go flip through the book again to see and get to know you better. Friends you know you best enough of you already, will see whether it's true. "This book has been used by some of the great recruitment people in US", as described by my boss. It also enables a boss to know and understand his/her employees better and work out a plan for their development whilst motivating the team by letting them do something they enjoy. If any of you have read this book, please let me know your code by dropping me a comment, I will be glad to be able know you better. =)My code: ESTJ
A great site to read about this book and check out other's the personality type, is one of the official site which is http://www.personalitytype.com/. However though, this site can show you the brief of what you will get in the book, the best parts are all in the book.


Title: The Da Vinci Code
Author: Dan Brown

This is the second book that I read while I was away for my 6 days leave (in total 10 days inclusive of 2 weekends). I notice that a lot of people has already read about this book already. So, I will just cut the crap by not telling what this book tells, but instead what I feel about this book. I think the most interesting thing about this book is the author's ability to twist and turn the story in such exciting ways in TOTAL details. A lot of words and terms I never heard of. But I'm glad that I sit in front of my laptop and open up my dictionary to go through every word that I don't understand because it really explain a lot and could better shape your imagination on the stuff that was described in the novel. I'm glad this is the first novel that I have read. Many who have read this book do not know that they can find some of the illustration described in the novel at this site, http://www.danbrown.com/secrets/davinci_code/louvre.html.

No comments: