Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I'm BACK!!!

Long vacation is over, busy working day is back!!! Of which I'm kind of happy about. Keeping my life occupied rather than loafing around.

However, I do have quite a hell of a weekend there. Saturday night, Jazz Night at Alexis in Great Eastern Mall at Jalan Ampang. The band playing was "Grove Unction". Heard from a friend that this band has been around for some time now and probably one of the oldest Jazz band in Malaysia. Talking about improvisation, this is the first I see in Malaysia. A walk through the history of Jazz, one may notice part of Jazz is improvisations. It was a great outing with great companies of old-school mates and some of the friend's friends accompanying by an Australia Cabernet 2003 red wine. With the perfect ambience of dimmed Ikea's lightings, the night of great music was soothing and relaxing.

As for Sunday, it's a busy day. First has to go for a Muslim colleague's wedding in the afternoon and follow by a 3-hour yamcha session with my ex-colleagues to pass time for the next wedding ceremony we have to attend at night in Seremban. It's my first time going for a Indian wedding that night. Fortunately we have an Indian colleague who came along who can quite well estimate the time we should be there rather than being there 2 hours early just to listen to the priests chanting mantra to the bride. Great experience.

No comments: