Argh... The haze is really killing me. Even my well-protected, multi-security tag-in doors company can smell the burn of green. It's such a sad day, especially when my office is so near to the forest fire (Putrajaya) and guess what? The Natural Resources and Environment Ministry prohibited open burning in Klang Valley and identified seven areas with unhealthy air quality readings, Putrajaya is 1 of them, BUT Cyberjaya which is next to it is not listed! How peculiar can that be?
Anyhow, office today is kind of fun. We celebrated one of the Personal Assistant's birthday today. Her name is Agnes. She is one of Helena's best friend in the company when she was here. The PAs seems to have their own community in the company. But all of them are so friendly and capable. Never thought that a PA's job would be that complicated. But when I first joined this department, seeing how Helena keep the boss spicked and spanned, I know it's not an easy task. All these were proven by seeing the guest that came for Agnes' birthday (also a pot-luck) today. All the Heads of Department, VPs and AVPs. Wow! Kudos to the PAs.
Another celebration that is coming later is another suprise farewell party for 1 of the trainer from Sheffield (yeah!! this is where I studied) who is going back later today. It's a party day at the office.
However, everything is spoiled by the yellowish, hazy and smelly day. The surroundings looks so sad. It gives kind of a feeling of looking into an extremely old story book that turned yellowish. I think this will continue until it rains massively. Damn, why didn't I learn the ancient chinese ritual of prayers for rain? Hehehe!!!
Anyway, got to stay indoor as much as possible. Drink a lot of water, not soft-drink though!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment